"VIVE READY PLAYER ONE" PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who Can Enter
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 13 years or over.
- Entrants between the ages of 13 and up to but not including 18 must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:01am AEDST on 05/03/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 30/04/2018 ("Promotional Period").
- There will be two (2) components to this promotion: (a) a Supplementary Prize Draw Component (game of chance) and (b) a Major Prize Component (game of chance).
- Final entries for the Supplementary Prize Draw Component close at 11:59pm AEDST on 28/03/2018. Final entries for the Major Prize Draw Component close at 11:59pm AEST on 30/04/2018. For clarity, entries submitted after 11:59pm AEDST on 28/03/2018 will only be entered into the Major Draw Component and will not be entered into the Supplementary Prize Draw Component.
How to Enter
- To enter, individuals must complete a registration during the Promotional Period. Completing a registration includes:
- visiting www.vivevr.com.au ("Website"); and follow the prompts to the promotional registration form. Individuals will also be able to access the promotional registration form by logging into their Facebook account, locating the promotional 'VIVE Ready Player One' ad on Facebook, and clicking on the ad. The promotional registration form will then pop-up on screen; and
- inputting the requested details (including but not limited to their full name, telephone number; and valid email address);
- If an entry is being submitted between 05/03/2018 and 11:59pm AEDST on 28/03/2018, entrants will also be asked to select their preferred prize location (should they be deemed a winner in the Supplementary Prize Draw Component); and then
- submit the fully completed registration form ("Registration"). Entrants will be given the opportunity at the time of entry to opt in to receive communications from one of the Prize Suppliers (as detailed in clause 41 below).
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
Supplementary Prize Draw Component (Game of Chance)
- This component of the promotion is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the draw winners.
- Entries for the Supplementary Prize Draw Component commence at 12:01am AEDST on 05/03/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 28/03/2018.
- During registration, entrants will be required to input a preferred supplementary prize location in addition to the above referenced entry detail (ref Clause 8 ii). Supplementary prize locations include:
- Sydney, New South Whales
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Brisbane, Queensland
- There will be three (3) supplementary prize draws conducted, one (1) for each of the supplementary prize locations specified in clause 12. All draws will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 11:00am AEDST on 29/03/2018. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- Winners will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published on the Website from 3/04/2018.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 3/04/2018 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by telephone and email within one (1) business day of the draw and their names will be published on the Website from 4/04/2018.
Major Prize Draw Component (Game of chance)
- This component of the promotion is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the draw winners.
- Entries for the Major Prize Draw Component commence at 12:01am AEDST on 05/03/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 30/04/2018.
- There will be one (1) major prize draw conducted. The draw will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 3:00pm AEST on 3/05/2018. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and email and their name will be published on the Website from 18/05/2018.
- If the major prize remains unclaimed by 2:00pm AEST 03/08/2018, a re-draw will take place at 3:00pm AEST on 08/08/2018 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner (if one is required) will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Website from 1/08/2018.
Supplementary Prize Draw Prize
- Each Supplementary Prize comprises of two (2) tickets to a HTC hosted screening of Ready Player One (Film) valued at $42 each at the preferred location as selected in the winner's drawn entry.
- One (1) private screening of Ready Player One will take place at the following locations:
- Sydney, New South Whales at the Event Cinemas George Street on 5/04/2018
- Melbourne, Victoria at the Village Cinemas Jam Factory on 5/04/2018
- Brisbane, Queensland at the Event Cinemas Chermside on 5/04/2018
- There will be a total of three hundred (300) supplementary prizes, one hundred (100) for each of the three (3) private screening locations referenced in clause 22.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the tickets (including but not limited to travel to and from the private screening) are not included. Redemption of the tickets are subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the tickets
- The Ready Player One private screening tickets are subject to the relevant event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
Major Prize Draw Prize
- The major prize is a trip for two (2) people to Florence, Italy valued at up to AU$13,000 ("Major Prize"), depending on date and point of departure, and comprises:
- Two (2) x people return economy airfares to Florence or Pisa, Italy (at the discretion of the Promoter) from the Australian capital city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner inclusive of airfare related taxes and charges;
- Four (4) x nights minimum four (4) star hotel accommodation in Lucca with breakfast (based on two people sharing one room);
- return airport-hotel transfers;
- Exclusive VIP entry to Lucca Comics & Games on 1/11/2018 – 3/11/2018;
- Travel insurance.
- For the Major Prize –
- The Major Prize must be taken to coincide with the Lucca Comics & Games event with flights departing on 30/10/2018 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Major Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- At least one person travelling must be aged 18 or over. If the winner is under 18 then his/her guest must be his/her parent or guardian.
- Hotel is based on two people sharing one room. The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidentals.
- Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
- Winner and his/her guest are responsible for and must have valid passports/European ID cards, which are valid for travel, and applicable visas/permissions.
- Except for the one guest permitted to the winner, the winner is not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Major Prize trip. The winner's guest may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. The winner and their guest must travel on the same itinerary from the winner's nearest Australian Capital City. The winner and their guest may not accrue frequent flyer points. Once selected, the winner's guest may not be changed without the express consent of the Promoter, which the Promoter may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
- As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, the Major Prize winner agrees to participate in any interviews, photo shoots, or other media events as required by the Promoter.
- If for any reason the Major Prize winner does not take/redeem the Major Prize (or an element of the Major Prize), then the Major Prize (or that element of the Major Prize) will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct another unclaimed prize draw, as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
- The winner and his/her guest will each be required to fully complete a travel insurance application form provided by the Promoter, and may also be required to undergo medical tests as required by the Promoter's nominated travel insurer, in order to redeem the travel insurance element of the Major Prize. Any person found guilty of insurance fraud or failure to honestly and accurately disclose all relevant insurance information at the time of applying for a travel insurance policy or when making a claim forfeits any rights or entitlements to the travel insurance element of the Major Prize. Travel insurance will be provided by the Promoter's nominated travel insurer, and subject to approval by the travel insurer. In the event that the Promoter's nominated travel insurer refuses to issue insurance to the winner and/or their guest, the winner forfeits that travel insurance element of the Major Prize. Travel insurance is subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Promoter's nominated travel insurer, including but not limited to any limitations on the covered amount.
- The Lucca Comic and Games ticket element of the Major Prize is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her guest) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- The winner and their companion(s) acknowledge that the Major Prize may involve a dangerous activity, which may result in injury or death, and participate at their own risk. Each winner and their companion(s): (a) must attend, undergo and pass any appropriate training, briefings, safety demonstrations, required medical tests and other requirements (including blood alcohol testing) of the Promoter and/or any Major Prize supplier as determined by them in their absolute discretion.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value for the Supplementary Prize Component is AU$12,600.
- Total prize pool value of the Major Prize Component is AU$13,000.
- Prizes are not transferable, assignable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value of an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State of Territory legislation.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional Website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a private screening of Ready Player One or the Lucca Comic and Games event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner (or his/her guest) is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf. If they or their parent/guardian do not sign that form within the time specified by the Promoter, they will not be able to participate and the relevant entrant's or winner's entry or claim will be deemed invalid.
- The promoter is HTC (Australia and New Zealand) Pty Ltd (ABN 26 127 273 125) of Suite 201, Level 2, 97 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060, telephone 1800 987 039 ("Promoter").
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22473 ACT Permit No. TP18/00395 SA Permit No. T18/337